Criminal Defense Lawyer
Federal and State Criminal Defense Attorneys
Protecting the rights of clients facing criminal charges at the federal and state level
If you’re arrested for any criminal offense, it can be hard to know where to turn for help. You may even be unsure if you actually need legal assistance for your particular charge. To protect your rights in any situation involving the federal or state criminal justice system, it’s critical to discuss your case with a criminal defense lawyer who has specific experience in handling your type of case.
When you call Koffsky & Felsen, LLC, you make contact with highly qualified criminal defense attorneys who will provide you with aggressive and effective defense representation throughout the criminal process. Our attorneys have specific qualifications that allow them to skillfully represent every client, whether it is an individual facing a state drug or weapons charge, or a white-collar fraud target accused of an intricate federal conspiracy. In either situation, Koffsky & Felsen, LLC will vigorously protect your rights.
Our unique qualifications allow us to provide the highest quality of federal criminal defense for a wide variety of offenses
The federal justice system takes any violation of law extremely seriously, and the federal government has the resources to mount long-lasting and intricate investigations into possible offenses. These investigations often involve authorities from several different agencies including the DEA, IRS, FBI, and ATF. During their investigations, federal authorities gather a substantial amount of evidence for the Assistant United States Attorneys to use in their case against you.
For these reasons, it is essential that you have a law firm equipped with the right skills and to represent you in complex cases, and that which understands how federal cases differ from state-level cases.
Attorneys Bruce Koffsky and Audrey Felsen know first-hand how federal charges are pursued and how cases are built against defendants. Their combined years of experience ensure that Koffsky & Felsen, LLC will bring insider knowledge of the federal criminal process to every case.
Koffsky & Felsen, LLC represents individuals and corporations facing a variety of federal allegations including:
- White-collar crime
- Bank fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Government fraud
- Health care fraud
- Mail & wire fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Tax offenses
- Money laundering & structuring
- Drug violations
- Gun violations
- Hate crimes
- Police misconduct
- Human trafficking
- Child pornography
- Other federal offenses
You should also call Koffsky & Felsen, LLC if you need assistance with any of the following:
- Supervised release violations
- Witness representation
- Crime victim representation
- Sentencing advocacy
- Alternatives to incarceration
Anyone facing a case in federal criminal court should know that their case will differ significantly from a criminal case in state court. The following are only some of the factors unique to federal cases:
- There are different criminal laws with often harsher penalties
- There are often mandatory minimum terms of imprisonment in federal facilities
- After a prison term, you will likely be subject to supervised release for a substantial period of time
- Federal agents will be involved in your case instead of state or local police officers
- Cases are heard by federal judges who have a lower caseload; they can dedicate more time and resources to each case and are not required to release anyone on bond
- The good news is that a highly experienced federal criminal defense attorney can assist you in many ways. The earlier you involve a qualified lawyer, the better. Contact Koffsky & Felsen, LLC as soon as you suspect you may be under investigation or as soon after an arrest as possible so that we can begin to defend your rights.
Representing defendants accused of crimes by the State of Connecticut
Being arrested by police and charged with a crime by a state prosecutor in Connecticut is also a highly serious matter. Authorities will often try to lay the most severe charges possible and obtain the maximum possible sentence, which can include costly fines and years in state prison. If you are not properly represented by a criminal defense attorney who is familiar with Connecticut’s criminal justice process, there may be little you can do to avoid such serious consequences.
Fortunately, contacting Koffsky & Felsen, LLC soon after you’ve been accused of a crime can significantly increase your chances of a favorable result in your case. We regularly handle a wide range of state-level cases, including those involving the following allegations:
- White-collar crimes
- Drug offenses
- Weapons charges
- Violent crimes
- Sex crimes
- Domestic violence
- Rape and sexual assault
- Traffic crimes
- Misdemeanor offenses
- Juvenile crimes
- Restraining orders
No matter what type of offense you are facing, a criminal case can be complicated and confusing. Each case will involve a variety of criminal laws and procedures that can be difficult to understand. A proficient and experienced attorney will know how to navigate this complex process while building and presenting an effective defense strategy on your behalf.
Our Connecticut defense attorneys can assist you in the following ways and more:
- By protecting your rights in all communications with law enforcement, both during an investigation and post-arrest;
- Representing you in bond hearings, arraignments, trials, and other court hearings;
- Identifying whether any violations of your rights occurred that may be used in your defense;
- Identifying any relevant legal defenses in your situation;
- Negotiating a favorable plea agreement with the prosecutor;
- Determining your eligibility for alternative programs that will help you avoid conviction; and
- Determining your eligibility to have information expunged from your criminal record.
- These are only some of the many ways you can greatly benefit from having the right legal team handling your Connecticut state criminal case.
An experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side can help you obtain a more positive result whether you’re charged in federal or state court. Attorneys Audrey Felsen and Bruce Koffsky have extensive knowledge of the criminal system at both the federal and state levels and always protect the rights of each client with grit and determination.
Please call Koffsky & Felsen, LLC for a consultation today.