Law enforcement treat weapons-related offenses very seriously. Whether you are charged with Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon or if you are charged with Possession of a Gun Without a Permit, you need an attorney by your side with experience handling these types of cases.
Firearms laws vary from state to state. If you were charged with a weapons offense in New York or Connecticut, an attorney from the law office of Koffsky & Felsen, LLC, can help you. With more than 35 years of combined experience, our attorneys in Stamford can provide you with the answers and advocacy you need in state or federal court.
Conviction for a weapons-related offense can result in serious consequences. Work with an attorney who knows the law. Contact our lawyers online or call us at 203-327-1500 for a free initial consultation.
Types of Weapons Offenses
There are a wide variety of weapons and firearms laws. At our firm, we help clients who have been charged with weapons offenses involving:
- Possession of a handgun with a permit
- Possession of firearm by an individual with a felony conviction
- Possession of firearm by an individual who has a restraining order against him or her
- Possession of illegal weapons such as an assault weapon, a sawed off shotgun or a switchblade
- Possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Possession of weapons in a motor vehicle
Additionally, many criminal charges carry harsher penalties when a weapon is involved. This includes crimes such as robbery, assault and drug offenses.